Junior Grading (U13-U17)
Sunnybank Rugby is the only Junior Rugby club which consistently fields teams in all teenage Division I BJRU competitions. To support this players are graded based on ability. Formed teams are then submitted to the BJRU for inclusion in the Division competition. The club will always propose one team per division however, the BJRU does have finally say on draws.
In order for our club to both teach the skills of Rugby and field balanced, fair teams, a grading policy has been designed in favour of the players.
The following facts should be understood about grading:
1. All players will participate in skill and physical testing prior to team formation
2. All players will participate in trial matches in various team and role formations
3. The Division One team will consist of those players that display the highest level of the following:
- C. Previous playing history
- D. Current and past behaviour both off and on the field
- F. Knowledge of the game of Rugby
- G. Any other traits that the Director of Rugby and or selection team deem relevant.
4. All other players will be allocated to teams in order for there to be a maximum benefit with regard to the following:
- B. Team cohesion and the suitability of a player to fill positions within the team
- D. Rugby knowledge advancement.
5. All attempts will be made to cap team numbers between 19 and 22 players
6. As a club we endeavour to advise players of their team allocation and coaching staff by the 8th March 2013
7. All decisions by the club will be final
Players and parents should be aware that failure to attend testing and trial games, or correspond with the administration, may place them at a disadvantage in the selection process. While we have an inclusive policy time is of the essence in forming cohesive reliable teams.
Players who register after the formation and advertisement of teams will not be considered for the Division One teams unless there are mitigating circumstances. Approval is then required by both the Age Coordinator, Director of Rugby and Junior Committee.
The administration and Junior Committee of Sunnybank Rugby hope that by forming diversely skilled teams we are creating a safe and enjoyable environment for young men to develop their love of Rugby Union.
2nd & 3rd February 2013 Sign On
8th, 9th & 10th February 2013 Sunnybank Coaching Camp (Fri night, Sat and Sun)
9th February 2013 Smart Rugby 9:00am – 12:00pm @ Sunnybank Rugby
20th February 2013 Training Session 1 – Testing
27th February 2013 Internal Trials
10th March 2013 Division 1 Trials v Far North Coast
17th March 2013 BJRU Competition Grading Games Commence